Ironworks is the construction industry’s first and only comprehensive heavy equipment cost management system.
Ironworks does all the right things to manage equipment costs
Ironworks brings together in one place the equipment data you need to effectively manage your heavy equipment costs.
Ironworks provides you with an integrated suite of software in the Cloud that you need to manage heavy equipment cost:
- Equipment Book
- Administer machine data
- Rent & Lease Log
- Manage rent and lease agreements
- Charge Rate Estimates Book
- Estimate machine employment charge rates
- Standard Properties
- Store lists of valid values
- Standard Machine Classifications
- Access type-category-class codes
- Machine References Book
- Access stock specifications
- Dispatch Book
- Dispatch crews, equipment, labor, transport
- Billing Rate Sheets Book
- Build client-specific equipment billing rates
- History Book
- Store Accounting’s machine performance history
- Analytics Book
- Analyze cost-to-budget results and optimize fleet operations
- Meta Data Book
- Mine equipment meta data
Ironworks serves all seven core business functions in your infrastructure construction company by:
- Collecting and centralizing equipment data
- Automatically feeding it to a suite of powerful purpose-built equipment cost management software in the Cloud
- Providing secure access to authorized users anywhere in the world with internet access
Ironworks helps you bid smarterFirst, it puts at your fingertips the data you need to bid smarter.
Equipment is one of the main costs affecting a contractor’s profitability. Yet, until now, contractors have had to laboriously collect from multiple internal and external sources and systems, critical equipment cost data, such as machine availability, lease agreement terms, machine employment schedules, and more.
That was hard to do because the many systems containing the needed data were independent of each other, out of sync, and required extensive user training to operate. As a result, bidding was often based on assumptions and guesswork.
Ironworks solves this problem by making up-to-date equipment data instantly available so you can bid smarter.
Second, it enables you to build accurate charge rates.
Equipment costs make up 15% to 60% of infrastructure construction job cost.
Yet most bidding is not based on accurate equipment charge rates that recover the true cost of machine employment. And that puts your business at risk:
If you set equipment charge rates too high, your job cost estimate is too high, so your bid is not competitive, and you lose the job to another contractor.
Plus, you can adjust your estimates by just dragging/dropping variable values on charts – it doesn’t get any easier.
Ironworks facilitates smarter business planningWith Ironworks, you can build a smarter business plan because Ironworks supplies you with the data and the suite of software you need to:
- Build equipment cost estimates and machine charge rates for any number of market scenarios, joint-ventures opportunities or job proposals
- Better manage fleet composition, including which types of equipment you need more or fewer of and which equipment to rent, lease or own
- Identify and address maintenance resource requirement issues – staffing, parts, inventory, fuel
- Identify and address job resource issues – labor, equipment, crew and transport availability
- Identify and address machine employment cost issues with cost-to-budget tabulations and visualizations
- Assess actual fleet performance and identify actionable cost issues
- And much more…
Contractors who use Ironworks have a competitive advantage over those who don’t.
Be an Ironworks contractor. Smarter.
Contact us today to learn more. More